- Nurturing a culture of continuous learning and professional development to enhance engineering skills
- Fostering industry-academic collaborations to connect theoretical education and practical industry needs
- Implementing targeted recruitment strategies and mentorship programs to attract and retain diverse engineering talent
- What can be done to promote the participation and success of new workers starting their engineering career?
- How can the engineering field attract and retain a broader range of talent?
- How do engineering organisations foster employee engagement, job satisfaction, and a sense of purpose in staff?
- How can we create a workplace that supports work-life balance, mental health, and overall well-being?
Senior Advisor, Asset Management
Institute of Public Works Engineering Australasia
Emily de Robillard
Senior Human Resource Generalist
Talent Acquisition Lead, Australia-Asia
Associate Dean Engagement, Professor in Structural Engineering | President – Sydney Committee
Western Sydney University | Engineers Australia
Head of Talent Acquisition and Community - Engineering
NSW/ACT Committee member and Event Coordinator
Electric Energy Society of Australia
- Implementing strategic planning and decision-making processes to guide project teams towards achieving objectives
- Nurturing a culture of innovation and continuous improvement to drive project excellence and adaptability
- Acknowledging that not every great engineer makes a great leader – ensuring there is a path for engineers who are not suited to leadership
- Harnessing the potential of cutting-edge innovations like augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR) and the Internet of Things (IoT) in engineering applications
- Leveraging data analytics and machine learning to drive data-driven decision-making and optimise engineering processes
- The role of Standards to support the emerging engineering ecosystem
- Investigating the future of automation and AI and what this will look like over the next 5 years
- Reviewing the effects automation and AI have on the engineering job market
- Living an AI integrated future for the engineering profession
Jie Lu AO
Director of Australian Artificial Intelligence Institute
University of Technology Sydney
Chloé Leclerc will share her insights on leadership, effective team management, and the evolution of her career working on space and mining engineering projects at Fleet Space Technologies.
Madeleine du Toit
Associate Dean (Equity, Diversity and Inclusion), Academic Program Director - Materials Engineering
University of Wollongong
- Redefining the role of engineers as leaders and key influencers of climate action
- Incorporating life cycle thinking in design, considering upfront carbon emissions from materials and processes
- Embracing decarbonisation by integrating renewable energy sources and energy-efficient technologies into designs
- Identifying and addressing the difficulties of renewable energy projects
- Resolving the challenges of large-scale generation projects with ingenious engineering solutions
- What can happen when engineers are given free rein to make a cleaner future?
Principal Engineer, Connections Policy and Process
Ergon Energy | Energex